Cleansing, Toning and Moisturizing

by - October 14, 2013




I've read a LOT about different tips to take care for my skin. As my skin is somewhat oily, I seriously need to choose products wisely, as my skin tends to pop yucky zits on my face. In short, I have an almost oily and acne-prone skin. I try various easy tips at home- mixing different products together. Only few of the homemade solutions were really good to me.
I have been reading this Cleansing-Toning-Moisturizing ritual, in every, mark my words, in every skin-care tip that I've read. And let me tell you, CTM is really magical. It acts like an anti-ageing agent.



CLEANSING // Cleansing means washing your face, just like you do with a  face-wash, but with better clarity of the skin. Cleansing helps in removing makeup, oils, dust, dirt and all the tiny particles that are stuck on your face. Cleanser comes in cream or gel formula. I use gel as it is perfect for my skin. This cleanser from Biotique is a wonderful gel-based cleanser. I cannot think of replacing it with any other brand. Oily skinned people can go with gel-based cleansers and dry skin with cream-based ones. Cleansing opens the pores to cleanse perfectly.

STEPS //
  1. Take a 50-Paise amount of cleanser on your palm.
  2. Put few drops of water on it.
  3. Rub your palms together to make a foam out of it.
  4. Apply on your face, with circular movements, specially to those areas where you can see oil more, or where you had applied a makeup product. 
  5. Wash with normal water and towel dry. 


TONING // Toning helps in closing the open-pores after Cleansing. Toning should be done immediately, without wasting time, as the skin is at HIGH ALERT (since the pores are open). Toner is a magical water, which closes the pores. If you feel irritation after applying it, then let me tell you, it is pretty normal. The skin, especially the pores, get a burning sensation. Toner is a must. Without it, cleansing cannot be done. I use a toner by Biotique, again, as it is perfect for my skin. These two products are a bliss to me. 

STEPS // 
  1. After towel-drying your face, take a cotton ball.
  2. Put few drops of toner on it.
  3. Apply immediately on the face. 
Do the process of taking the toner on the cotton ball as soon as possible, as it works just like a nail-paint remover, and the liquid can fly off immediately. Also, after taking toner on a cotton ball, don't forget to close the toner's lid before applying.



MOISTURIZING // CTM is incomplete without moisturizing your face. Moisturizer is perfect for any age, any season and any skin-type. Experts say that a bit of it should be applied to your face every night. It helps in soothing your skin and hydrates your skin. My father had bought this moisturizer by Alyssa Ashley, from Abu Dhabi. It works wonders on my sort-of oily skin. 

STEPS //
  1. After your face is still moist with the toner, take a pea amount of moisturizer on your hand.
  2. Rub both the hands.
  3. And then apply it to your face. In this way, the skin is not too oily, plus hydrated as well.



This was the process of CTM, which should be done every night, and I call it the top most thing to do before going to bed. 
Do you follow this ritual? Which brand of CTM products do you use? 


You May Also Like

0 comments

google-site-verification: google76c9097fcbb9ae5f.html